8.08.2009

A Home at Last!

Well, I have not blogged for awhile because we finally found a house! It is such a relief to be done house-hunting, and so exciting to know we will soon have a place of our own. Apartment life has been fine, but I am so looking forward to having a place to be settled. A place where we can paint the walls, play in the yard, get to know neighbors, have more than four people over... it will be wonderful! And also very busy and hectic. We will be moving just before a one-month training "blitz" begins at work, in which I will be working lots of ten hour days, and some night shifts... crazy! But God has the timing all worked out I know, and He will provide as He always has. :)

Throughout this process, I have been thinking about what it means to have an eternal Home. While our earthly homes change and deteriorate, our heavenly Home will be unchanging and always beautiful. Jesus went back Home to prepare a place for us, His Bride... and He has many rooms just waiting there for His Love. :) We will never have to worry about moving from there, or floods or fires or ugly wallpaper. What a wonderful day it will be, to be Home forever. And in the same sense, I want to make our earthly home as close to heaven as possible. I want it to be a place where God is in our midst, where beauty and creativity and love abound, where people can be themselves. I am so excited to begin this process of making our house a home. But my dear friend reminded me to keep my eyes on the one Home that never changes. Thank you for that encouragement. :)

My next post... Tips for Mama's Part 2: BumGenius Diapers, as another dear friend requested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!