8.07.2012

One year later

It's been a busy, out-of-breath, sore arms, loud house, full heart kind of year. I've been weak, sick, tired, stressed out, but God has given me strength, joy, hope and encouragement.

Samuel James was born on October 19, 2012 - little brother to Josiah (almost 4), the wiggliest baby ever, a lover and a fighter. He was born in an intensely beautiful natural waterbirth, and I will forever be grateful for how peacefully he entered this world. The labor nurse and midwife agreed it was the calmest birth they'd witnessed - all praise to God for that one! He gave me such strength, rest, and peace, and all I learned from birthing Sam stays with me as I continue this labor of motherhood.


Life lessons from labor:
1. God's peace and calm lessen the sting of pain - stress and worry only heightens it
2. Rest when you can! Us mommies never know how much we'll sleep on any given night, or when baby will wake up from a nap. Enjoy those times of rest to the fullest - even if it's just a breath between a contraction. :)
3. Meditate on God's Word - soak it in through prayer, music, reading, talking about it - it is our bread, our sustenance.
4. When in doubt, turn on some calming music and take a bath! Getting in that birthing tub right before transition was so relaxing - and us mamas need to just take some time out every once in awhile. :)

Family photos from Memorial Day 2012:



Hopefully I'll be back more often in the year to come - I look forward to sharing more of what God is doing in my life and in my family!

Peace...

6 comments:

  1. I love you. And thank you for being a wonderful wife and momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a man! Thanks for commenting my love. You're the best! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! It was at St. Joe's hospital in a birthing tub, and it was amazing! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
  3. I may beat you on "the wiggliest baby ever" front ;), but what a great post! Oh how these babies change us in just a short year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!