Enter: (in)RL 2012. I started reading the (in)courage blog a few years ago, and was unreasonably excited when they announced their first "conference" last year. When I saw my friend Allison was hosting, I decided to sign up for our local event. As I scanned the profile pictures of the other ladies who had signed up, I saw a familiar face. I wrote in the comments - "I think Anna was my counselor at Bible camp!"
Going in to (in)RL 2012, I was incredibly nervous. I considered not attending, but decided to go anyway, praying, "God, just let me connect with at least one person." After walking in the door, Anna gave me a huge hug and we exclaimed over how amazing it was to see each other again. I assumed Anna and Allison would be busy with their hostess duties, and after quickly grabbing some food, walked toward someone else who appeared to be on her own. I'll admit -- it was awkward for awhile! But once the videos began and we settled in to our chairs, the laughter and tears bonded us together. We talked about our community, our churches, and our families. We exchanged Twitter handles and blog names. I left with a full heart.
And honestly? For me, the best part of (in)RL came after the event. It came when I started following the other ladies on Twitter and connected with them. It came when I brought Anna's family dinner after a surgery, and later started hanging out more often. It came when I heard about the invitation for (in)couragers, and just knew Anna and I would make an awesome team. And now, we encourage working moms together and our babies play together -- only God could orchestrate such a reunion!
I tell you all of this to say -- join us! (in)courage is hosting another (in)RL conference this April, and registration starts TODAY. Anna and I are excited to be hosting an event in the Twin Cities this year, and would love to have all of you Minnesota ladies come. Wherever you live there will be events that YOU can join (or, start your own - no matter the size). As the (in)RL trailer (below) says, "this is the conference that comes to you"!
This is a conference where you can be yourself. You can let your guard down. As Anna says in the trailer, "it's okay to not be fine". If you want to learn more about what community looks like, to connect with other ladies on a deeper level -- come.
Here are some details:
* Register starting today at www.inrl.us, then sign up for a meetup.
* It’s FREE!
* Everyone who registers today (1/14) gets a copy of the (in)courage 365 Daybrightener
* Everyone gets a copy of (in)courage's first eBook: “Best of the Beach House 2012.”
* Think of it as a FREE girl’s weekend away that doesn’t require packing or plane tickets, where women can kick off any expectation of perfect, set aside their fears, their shyness, their worry that they’re not good enough, and find some of Jesus’ words of rest woven into every video.
* When: The (in)RL webcast kicks off on Friday, April 26 and (in)RL meetups follow on Saturday, April 27.
* What: Last year (in)courage explored the nitty gritty of community. This year they're taking a closer look at what it takes to stay rooted in community when sometimes just walking away would be so much easier and tons more convenient.