5.07.2010

Toddler Translation, Springtime, and Being Set Apart

Some of the words I don't want to forget as my little one grows older...

Grandma = Numna
Grandpa = Bapa
Great-Grandma = Nat-na
Scott = Dot
Sarah = Waa-wa
Doggy = Dadu
Cat = Num (Don't know where that came from??)
Bug = Bim
Stuffed lion = Dude
Basketball = Ba-baball
Baseball = Ba-ball
Go outside = Mail
Sandbox = Duurt
Elmo = Melmo
Mickey = Mi-mey

I am so amazed at all of the words he's learning, and starting to put together! He understands so much now, and will be carrying on conversations soon! :) We are beginning to deal with some of the "terrible two's" as he "asserts his independence" through tantrums and answering every question with "no". At the same time, he often obeys simple commands, and we are praying that he will grow in obedience!

It has been so fun to get outside more this Spring. We planted our first vegetable garden 2 weeks ago (in a beautiful raised bed, thanks to my wonderful hubs!), and are already starting to see some plants growing! We're looking forward to fresh lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots, and beans this summer. :)

On a more personal note, please pray for my walk with the Lord. I have been convicted about so many things, but am having a hard time putting changes into practice. I'm beginning to be discouraged and lose the burning passion I felt for Him just weeks ago. I feel like big changes are coming, but then lose heart when they are just baby steps, and more waiting... May He shake up this life and make it set apart for His glory! May He be the center of all I do, and may every distraction become worthless to me, compared to the riches of His grace!

Consider with me the incredible gift we've been given...

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Eph 2:1-10

Let's celebrate the life we have been given! Let's put to death our selfish desires and do the good works God has prepared for us! Why waste time on the idols of Hollywood, of the Internet, of drinking, or catering to the expectations of others? God's opinion is the only one that matters in the end! The work we do for Him is the only work that lasts!

One last quote that really hit me this week...

"We must look upon the world, with all its delights and all its attractions, with suspicion and reserve. We are called to a higher Kingdom, we are touched with a diviner Spirit. It is not that He forbids us this or that comfort or indulgence; it is not that He is stern, demanding us to follow a narrow path. But we who love our Lord and whose affections are set on Heavenly things voluntarily and gladly lay aside the things that charm and ravish the world, that, for our part, our hearts may be ravished with the things of Heaven that our whole being may be poured forth in constant and unreserved devotion in the service of the Lord who died to save us." - Amy Charmichael, God's Missionary

1 comment:

  1. Mam, Nono and the dadus miss that little man of yours!

    I seem to be having the same problem. I felt on FIRE after reading Set Apart Femininity, I was seriously about to book a trip to anywhere to do anything in the name of Jesus. Then I got sick, we got home, we've had a lot of chaotic transitions and I just feel more disconnected than ever, and I know it's absolutely my fault. It's SO easy to get caught up in the world! It's so easy to find about a million different excuses (and boy do I have them somedays). You and your family are always in my prayers! :) You've been such an encouragement for me and I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I'll pray that you can regain that awesome passion!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!