11.10.2010

My heart burns...

Some days, my heart burns within me, and my question all day long is "How, Lord?" And some days I'm complacent and my question is "Why, Lord?"

God brought me to A Holy Experience, and the words make my heart burn. Burning to be more grateful, to be bread to the world, to love sacrificially...

To stop asking and stop pretending that I don't know the answer already. To obey.

Lord, consume me with your fire, and leave only You.


"What is there more to be in this life than to reflect Christ — than to show what He is like. Than to be bread for another man?" ~ Ann Voskamp

2 comments:

  1. "But Samuel replied: 'Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams'" 1 Samuel 22 That ALWAYS gets to me. Saul annihilates the Amalekites, but lets the soldiers keep the best of the livestock to sacrifice to God, something that SEEMS ok. But it wasn't what God asked. He prefers our obedience yet it is SO hard for us for some reason! I'm totally with you Amy, it has really been something pushed on my heart recently. I will pray for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!